Question about G-Secs showing up in Holdings tab

As an experiment, I bought a single unit of multiple G-Secs via Kite (specifically 737GS2023-GS and 75GS2034-GS), but I noticed that those weren’t credited into my Holdings (trade happened on Monday). I assumed that settlement was going to happen in T+1 days as I got a nudge warning about it (screenshot below). This also matched with the information that I came across on the RBI website about settlement taking T+1 day when the transaction happens in the secondary market - Reserve Bank of India - Publications (Chrome-only link for jumping to specific paragraph). Are G-Sec settlements done differently?

Or are G-Secs not shown in the Holdings tab altogether? (Due to the issue described in this thread - Gsec ruining my portfolio view)

Other than this, I noticed some glitches when using the “View 20 depth” button on these G-Secs symbols. Sometimes both the Bid/Ask spread turned to zero other times one side of the spread turned to zero (animated GIF attached below)

Lastly a minor thing, in the Nudge warning, shouldn’t the word stocks be replaced by bonds for G-Secs symbols?

G-Sec View 20 Depth

@Siva

T+2 is the settlement cycle.

That’s a different platform

Checking but these bonds hardly trade even once a month.

Since these things don’t trade at all, we had used a common message I think. Will change.

Thanks for pointing this out.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification about the settlement time @Bhuvan :grinning:

One last question, would it be possible to show the G-Secs in the Holdings tab on the next trading day itself but with T1 symbol (https://support.zerodha.com/category/console/portfolio/articles/what-does-t1-above-the-shares-i-ve-bought-mean) like it is done with stocks, ETFs, etc?

Another glitch that I noticed was related to the new feature of the interchangeability of exchange (as mentioned in Why is my Bajaj finance share bought in NSE showing BSE in my stock holdings?). Even though I purchased the bond on NSE, now the holding was showing as BSE (Holding symbol was changed from 737GS2023-GS to 737GOI2023) but a better price was available on NSE (as can be observed by the last traded price in the screenshot below)