SWP / STP in Zerodha

@nithin @Bhuvan
Guys, as you aware so many potentials customer looking for SWP/STP features on coin, including me. Please update us !
Thank you…

1 Like

Even hdfc index fund are missing from coin

1 Like

Guys any planned updates to coin ?

So we have planned to make Mars livable for human but this thread since '17 is still fresh …

1 Like

@nithin @Bhuvan
It’s 2020 now . Any update?

By 2030 it will be up and running like a pro.

4 Likes

@kuldeept are you related to the Zerodha anyway?
Just curious are you saying on their behalf or that was sarcasm .

Hi @Anshul_Rawat, I am a Zerodha customer who is waiting for this feature for an eternity.

1 Like

looks like @nithin is not a part of zerodha anymore… :slight_smile: so no SWP/STP. Now we are having grow as a alternative

@Bhuvan Can you update on this.

There were some really huge regulatory changes they would’ve changed the way Coin would’ve worked and we had to rebuild it from scratch. That is behind us thankfully and we are midst of rewriting the backend. SWP has been in the works for a long time but we will work on this. Please bear with us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@BhuIt will be better if you provide the tentive timeline for these feature like any other software industry :slight_smile:

Started consolidating all my MF into Coin on hope that these good ppl will bring on these basic features.
Tired of waiting for this long.
Looks like time to look for an alternative.

2 Likes

@nithin seen almost 73 comments on this topic and failed to understand what is your definition of SOONNNNN !!! I tried with small amount couple of days ago in hope that your system might be having this feature by now. But ZERODHA Coins failed here to deliver.

There was a major regulatory change which would’ve meant that Coin’s architecture would’ve had to change completely which is why this had to be put on the backburner. We are currently revamping Coin web and post that we’ll start working on some of the most requested features.

7 Likes

Folks ,

This seems to be a fairly long thread. I believe we can continue to have hope of having STP/SWP at sometime in future.

In the meantime, what are the alternatives we have? Has anybody tried in that front? Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks,
Lakshay

Is there a release date for SWP functionality here? I have it in ICICI Direct

Like many others here, even i am waiting for this SWP/STP. But, here’s what i think.
Zerodha is never going to come out with STP, SWP features.
These are loss making for them as they currently do not pass on the DP charges for sale of the units to the client instead they take it on their own.
Without STP/SWP the loss can be less.
Even if they introduce it, it might be under chargeable category.

1 Like

Hello All/@Ravi_kiranr ,

I am looking for STP, till zerodha provides, whats the alternative ? manual Transactions only or there are any smarter ways ?

Thanks,
Lakshay

Hi Bhuvan. Its good you’ll are updating the web app, its realllllllly bad :slight_smile: !

The only reason I use Coin is because it is backed by Zerodha which I really love and trust that you’ll are building a sustainable business model which will last. I also really like the concept of MF in DEMAT form.

Till you’ll introduce STPs and I really hope you’ll do it soon, I plan to do the following for weekly STP from 1 liquid fund into 4 equity funds?

1. Setup a weekly SIP in the Coin app for each of the equity funds.
  2. Ensure that I manually go into the app and provide a redemption request before the SIP date.

My questions are:

1. What happens if I forget to redeem my liquid fund for any particular week? Will the entire SIP get cancelled or just that instalment get skipped? If I then add funds to my account will the missed SIP process or is it permanently skipped?

2. How many days in advance to I need to redeem? If I redeem my liquid fund today before 1:30pm, I believe the funds will reflect the next day. Will it reflect before the time the SIPs process? Or do I need to keep 2 days in advance?

Considering Coin uses DEMAT it seems like a fairly trivial feature to have a systematic withdrawal/redemption plan which from what I understand is the only thing missing to get STPs working. Please add this feature soon. Even if it is chargeable as somebody mentioned.

Thanks.

1 Like