Tagging on Console: Trading journal & tracking goals

I have been trying to tag some of my trades, I got a few of them working but for all other trades I am having some issue. I have tagged a few trades 4-5 times but it just says pending and after some time it disappears .

@vijay407 @DS1567 this shouldn’t happen anymore. Can you check it out once and let us know?

The applied tags get updated almost immediately in most cases. It’ll show up fine only on refresh as the UI gets updated.

1 Like

I started tagging my trades, but I found that if I tag a particular script to a particular tag, and then some other day I want to tag that script to a different tag, it automatically still has the previous tag attached to it. Cant we have individual tag to individual trades?

Actually the report is coming out fine today. However I see that once tags are added, I am not able to remove them. I go to P&L Report, click on Edit tags, and remove the tags from the trades on a scrip, click on save. But I still find the scrip and related trades are tagged as before. Deleting tags is not working.

It is confusing to show tags on top which is not applied to all trades. If I have 4 tags appearing at top:

1. ALLTRADES-ONE
  2. ALLTRADES-TWO
  3. SOMETRADES-ONE
  4. SOMETRADES-TWO

How am I to know which particular tag is for all the trades and which one is only appearing because 1 specific trade has been tagged with it ? This is useful for:
a. To remove the global tag, I need to know which one is global. Including all tags here doesn’t help.
b. Even for viewing purpose, it is better to have only ALL trade tags show at the top and on the P&L page.

At most there can be 2 rows at top:

1. One editable, here all the global tags will go and I can add a tag here to apply to all or remove an existing all-trades tag from all.
  2. One view-only. Shows complete list of tags which any trade in breakdown is tagged with.

Even the current system is not working as intended in your reply. Some breakdown tags appear at top & on P&L page, but some don’t, it is completely random.

Not able to DM at https://tradingqna.com/message/thegouda

Hi @zerodha team - Can I take trade based on tag?

Let say I bought 2 RIL on Monday and tagged as long term, 3 RIL on Tuesday and tagged as short term.

Now on Wednesday I want to sell 3 RIL tagged with short term.

Is that possible?

Great feature, much needed. Thanks.
Tags are not saving. I tagged about 12 equity stocks yesterday evening. Only 1 is appearing tagged today. Again tried tagging today. Only 1 remained, else disappeared.

hey,
I am not from Zerodha team, but can answer your Q. Stock selling follows the FIFO(First in First Out). So whatever you bought first will be the ones that will be sold first. So the answer to your question is NO you cant trade based on tagging.

Still not working for me. Similar errors for positions.

Please suggest how to tag sip orders in coin

Hello Nakul,
That problem I was getting got away later (it was an error that was occurring due to untagging of previously tagged trades), however the main problem of not able to filter the P&L Report by using the created tag is still being faced. I have assigned certain trades to a specific tag, which I see next to the scrip, but when I filter P&L report using the tag I see nothing.

Thank you
Satya

Tags are getting saved if I add them from Portfolio. Adding from P&L is not saving the tags.

Can it also be extended to the coin page where we buy MFs, either in lumpsum or SIP? Especially, for SIP creation page it makes a lot of sense, since I want to tag an SIP with a Goal when I am creating the SIP. Tagging purchases every month, across multiple SIPs will be cumbersome.

@DS1567 @vijay407 @Samir_Malik We see that tagging flow is working fine, so I’ve DM’ed for detailed info related to tagging issues. Do check and respond.

For now, you need to tag from the Console holdings. We plan on introducing this feature in Kite & Coin order flow in the upcoming updates.

@TheGouda

1. Could you fix the first issue ?
  2. How can I DM you ? Can you initiate the DM instead ?

Hmm… I do not see an option in the console portfolio to tag. Do I need to wait a few days before it shows up?

You are checking coin platform ,ie which is used to buy mutual funds, please check this, console, our Backoffice platform.

Yes, this works! Thanks!