Tagging on Console: Trading journal & tracking goals

I get the below issue after deleting tag

will this be available for all trades including FnO and intra day trades?
tagging on kite itself whiel taking trade?

Hi, Thanks for this great feature.
I keep getting error “Error updating tags: Invalid instrument_id.” when I give tag to mutual fund order. Is this a bug or a todo feature?. Please fix this issue.
Thanks

My guess is yes…this is what Nithin said in his post

'While you can tag post taking a trade on Console, the optimal way would be to tag quickly while placing the order itself on Kite & Coin. This is on our list of things to do. ’

1 Like

I am having trouble using tags, please see screenshot.

1. Tags don’t show up. (see attached)
  2. Edit tag takes to new tag creation
  3. Sometimes edit tag shows tag in some encrypted text instead of my tag C123

Anyone else facing this?

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 07.44.09
Screen Recording 2021-06-29 at 07.44.59

You should be able to Tag your MF holdings (we’re looking into MF PnL Tagging issue). If you’re still facing this issue, create a ticket with details.

Hi, another issue, I have several tags but Tag Manager shows only 1 tag.

others seeing this issue as well? Shared screenshot with support as well.

Could you please DM the ticket number, so we can get this checked?

If i want to tag one investment(Mutual Fund) 40-60% for two goals, then how to achieve it.
It’s a common investment for my two goals, I am investing it once every month by keeping the amount for both goals through the Coin web application. If we don’t tag the same investment with different goals and breakdowns, then how do we track our goals correctly?

As of now, I apply both tags on a particular investment, and due to this, it shows incorrect tracking of goals because it shows the same complete investment in both goals, which is incorrect. I want to track only a portion of this in the first goal and rest of the investment to another goal.

Please advise the solution for the given scenario, as I am not able to track goals anymore.

Any plans of bringing tags to kite itself? So that we can put the reason/tag right after the trade is taken.

Yes, will take more time though.

1 Like

Guys, any update on the fix?

Similar problem. I can see tag specific P&L on console screen, however when I download, I see all trades in pnl excel file. How to download tag specific P&L (or any other report for that matter)

Thanking in advance

Hi,

We have this planned and shall be introduced in the near future.

1 Like

this is very powerful feature to enhance post trade analysis.
Can you able to further enhance this feature by providing separate page for tag management independently. Where Tags can be added, modified, deleted as per traders planning. Currently it is very inconvenient to do that.
Can tags be available to be added on trade orders as well ?
As trade orders available instantly but for P&L transaction one has to wait till next day.

these enhancements will be boon for intra day traders

I have purchased a stock twice.
Trade 1 I have added a tag TAG1
Trade 2 I have added a tag TAG2

Console allows me to filter on either but the total shown at the top is total of the stock. looks like tag gets applied on a stock level and not trade level.

I had raised a ticket regarding this in November. It still shows pending fix.
Hope they fix this issue. Tagging at trade level would be super helpful

Needs to be fixed early for it to be useful.

Can we tag our intraday trades? F&O option positions.

Yes, you can tag your intraday trades. You can apply tags from Console > P&L report.

We’re also working on bringing tags to Kite, so you can tag trades while placing the order itself :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes