Trading profit shown in youtube and various contradictory aspects found

most of traders say, option selling fetches more money and that too is limited to 3-4% in capital.

but in one of youtube channel, ghanshyam tech, he makes on an average 10 lakhs profit daily in option buying ,approx 20 to 40% of capital and proves by refreshing zerodha kite.

However, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala repeatedly said in media out of 10 lakh, only 100 make money in trading.

so, their is much contradiction related to trading,
so how can a beginner go while the 1st year of trading is full of doubts and struggles.
which opinion to carry forward

One should not fall for these videos and screenshot that’s shows lakhs of profit.
Do not believe anyone in the markets. They do all extra things when they cant make money from the markets. Only 1 in 1 lakh youtuber / social media person is honest. It’s hard to find that one guy. So it’s better to stay away from youtube and other social media. Try this for a period of time, it will definitely impact your consistency levels positively.
Concentrate on your life and your goals and dont fall for these.

1 Like

because getting all learning contents from youtube channels.
and in fact, everyones setup and analysis works in a probable manner.

Channels like power of stocks , vrd nation, ghanshyam tech & nifty prediction.

So, are these reliable means of learning
or should think beyond and what else could be learning , while i am also going through trading and psychology books

1 Like

Let me tell you what I think,
When I was a beginner I followed a YT channel when it had very less subscribers. After some months, the channel had around 500k subscribers and here is when all misleading stuff started. I thought that person was a very knowledgeable person. That person also had videos about technical analysis etc.
Now they have ‘membership’.
Pay for stock recommendation, Pay for stock of the month and pay 20K for learning. The only good think I did when I was new was to leave you tube. I went for other sources like books and articles. After getting to know more stuff I looked back at those YT channels. That person knew nothing about markets. that person knew nothing about technical analysis. But he talked as if he owns the market. Now, here comes ‘Sponsorship’ ,companies give tons of money for sponsorship.(nothing wrong with that tho). They sponsored high risk loans (random website) and had a title “Get 30% risk free return / 10x better than FD etc”. They are taking advantage of newbies.
Out of the above YT list that you mentioned, I know power of stocks. He seems to be a honest guy(Idk about now because I don’t watch any of his videos). May be in the past YT was a good place for learning (about markets), but NOT now. Leaving you tube was a very good decision (for me).

Also, this forum itself is a great place for learning. I was completely blank when I opened a trading qna account.
Honestly, Trading QnA > Youtube.

That’s all I can say. That’s my personal experience with ‘youtubers’.

is any of those channels which was good for learning still there in youtube?

Simply stocks is good channel for investment purpose and fundamental analysis.

That guy spotted and openly told few multibaggers like kilpest and tanla

Bro I am sure everyone in here knows at the back of his/her mind of all the psychological gyaans given by experts and the so called experts. The only thing is that we fail to adhere to those rules. Simple thing like cut ur losses is said by all and we also know that but due to emotions we do not stick to that and we suffer. The trick is to train ourselves. Again about technicals, it is always statistical. If you follow the big wall street funds more than trading they are positional traders n employ more sophisticated methods rather than looking at charts. The case is different about the HFTs they use computers.
So do not worry stick with yourself learn from the experienced ones. Try to avoid intraday.

3 Likes

Moreover Sachin Tendulkar never appears at match break to show how Virat should have played a shot.

2 Likes

yea, this is a relatable example.

You can totall deny the fact that genuine people are on youtube, but falling prey for frauds is seriously underrated, there are channels like ICT, Institute of Trading, Optionables, Chat with traders, NiftyBn etc, which are worth watching, even if someone sells course, it’s not totally wrong, you just need to verify if the course price or the value of creator is justified

I have subscribed some of the top value prviding channels on youtube, ofcourse I’ve not spent a penny ever in my life in any course or programme

I have doubt on the channel Ghanshyam tech or it may be my lack of knowledge.

Everyday in his video, he shows a profit of 10 lakhs and above in option buying.
which is 20-40% of capital.
while the option sellers in other youtube channels like PR Sundar, optionables or others say they target for 3-4% by firefighting and adjustments where they need to short pe,ce alongwith hedging by buying options too.

while in naked position, this channel shows everyday profit of Rs. 10 lakhs and above and proves so by refreshing kite. Also, this is told to be done with the simple strategy and using technical analysis only.

Is any viewer of Ghanshyam tech and an experienced trader here who can clarify this.

Needed to understand this so that can focus on genuine and selective information.

1 Like

In a year there are 261 working days,
261*20 = 5220% p.a
This is not possible in stock market.
If he can do this, Why is he not in the top rich list ? Also comparing 10 lakh trading income (per day) his youtube income is nothing. Then why is he in YouTube ? No one is god here and no one is soo generous to help a complete random stranger on the internet.
Don’t fall for these ‘false hope’

3 Likes

but these profits are shown in zerodha console and during day time by refreshing kite too.

in fact , 4 to 5 lakhs profit is made for less than 100 points movement in banknifty.

so either it can be a great learning or great deceive for lakhs of beginners who are subscribed.
and if fake how it can be known, while few quantiy is added in live market to prove and shown by refreshing zerodha kite.

Also 5 to 10 lakhs profit is being shown from 1 month.

Well… In that case if you think he/she is a genuine person then you can go ahead.
I don’t use youtube, so IDK if he/she is genuine or not.
He/she might post 1 crore profit, but you must NOT focus on their PnL.
So, you can go ahead with his learning videos/material (in YT) and ignore his profits/losses.
This is the best way I can think of right now.

rightly said

am focusing on learning videos of him, which are good indeed.

but when u trust a person, u follow him entirely and may be deceived sometime.
say, those who are not in stock market can believe a job is fetched for an average salary of 50k-1 lakh per month.
but, in trading there is ocean of opportunities, and since trading is not so common, we should be selective whom to follow and which informations to focus.

I find Mr. PR Sundar to be genuine and he is one of best options trader in india, and after some more time spending in market will attend his workshop.

Don’t attend workshops

2 Likes

how to do learnings if not from youtube and workshops.

Is PR SUNDAR a legit guy?

There is one related post on this gentlemen. This is one post where every user of this forum has made a relevant or non-relevant comment. This post had around 38.3K views. This is only for your information.

Don’t get me wrong, I just checked the fees.
Paying 50k - 70k is ridiculous for a 2 day webinar.

1 Like