TradingQnA Fitness Club 💪

Dear Friends,

Trust you are doing well with your trading and more importantly, your physical and mental health.

Considering the fact that trading and even jobs demand us to sit most of the time and we all know that sitting is like new smoking. I don’t know about you all but, I’ve lost control on my fitness from last couple of years due to various reasons but yeah, eventually the person responsible for it is me. Like everything else in life :slight_smile:

But, I’ve started working on my health and fitness now and I thought we can use this thread to share something nice related to health, fitness, diet. We can also share our routine, our progress and transformation.

Having few like-minded people working on same thing is always more fun than doing it alone.

To everyone who wish to get better at health and want to work towards it - Welcome to TradingQnA Fitness Club :muscle:

11 Likes

trying to bring down the PBF below 20, may take 3 to 4 months

1. I started Gym 6 months back , before that was going swimming ,tennis or squash.
  2. Trainers are good in gym but i found app Fitbod https://fitbod.me/ quite cool in managing work outs. Also it has short videos for reference of any excercise.
  3. Can make similar plan as below.
  4. Recently watched lot of interviews of @nithin where he talks about his fitness journey .Its quite inspiring . Thanks for sharing your genuine thoughts on podcasts. Its great lot of media also prints you from twitter and youtube podcasts , quite positive
  5. I love going for a long walks as well during winters to get the sunlight .
  6. It really helps to reduce stress and calm the mind
1 Like

I have no fitness regime as yet, but I do make a note of the time I stand, although this is the most elementary thing that one can do, I have been doing this for a while now. And I think this little thing started with the line I read - human beings are not meant to sit.

2 Likes

Go systematic way and auto trade. Then we can address this problem. As for job requirements I have always prioritised flexibility, work life balance etc over money which is why in my engineering job am still in the same company I joined after I passed out of my college. Trading provides whatever I would have gained in terms of money had I switched.

On fitness side things I love to do are walking, swimming, playing cricket etc. I try to do one of these everyday depending on what life throws at me. I don’t like gym and am mostly an open air guy.

As a trader sitting all day long, your priority should be to NOT lose muscle.

There are senior citizens out there who have more muscles than all of us combined here.

So no excuses…

2 Likes

Schwarzenegger is trading these days ?

Not Schwarzenegger. I m seeing a lot of senior citizens who do weight training these days and are muscular.

on the other hand , middle aged men are getting round like laddus.

very true.
Sitting & staring a screen is a part of trading business, so sometimes i use PC while standing, & take a 5-10 minute break, walk around, drink water, go out of room & breathe deeply, blink eyelid often to get relief from eye strain.
Soon, I will add more about my diet plan.

Most timely post , for me!

As a trader, one has to take responsibility for one’s decisions. Finally applied this to my health too.

Got a recumbent bike, and started trading while cycling. Slowly worked up to burning 1000 calories (as indicated on the cycle) per day, besides lifting small weights while cycling (for upper body) and stretching before/after trading day.

First few days were the worst… so took (and continue taking) one day breaks after 2-3 days of cycling. BTW, my trading has been improving too.

Slowly making my way back from being overweight!

Cheers to everyone on this journey.)

1 Like

1000 kcal you mean?

Science student, I see.

Yes, technically you’re right. But in my experience, people normally just call the calories, so I used it like that here…

still breaching 1000 kcal is very tiresome, it requires 2 hrs of cycling

you do that while trading?

Yes. I don’t scalp though.
Normally take only between 1-2 trades per day. So a lot of my time is waiting for the trade, and then waiting till it reaches my targets.

Edit:

I didn’t start out like this. I used my trading approach to my cycling too.
I started out doing just 5 min per hour cycling, with 0 intensity.
Slowly got up to doing a total of 2 hours at 0 intensity.
This is when I learnt the benefits of stretching to avoid knee and back pain.

Then dropped duration and increased intensity to 1. Then achieved 2 hour nonstop at that intensity.

Then repeat for every intensity increase. Now, I am at intensity level 4 only, and if I cycle at 25-30 kmph, I can burn 1000 kcal in 2 hours.

Over time, I want to increase duration too per day maybe reach 4-5 hours… let’s see.

The point is that increases are gradual, so I don’t feel the effects of increasing duration or intensity. This is just like position sizing in trading terminology.

It has taken me more than 2 months to reach here, starting from 0.

1 Like

I have seen trademill desks on YouTube.
Internationally people are walking whole trading.

As our lot of time goes into waiting for our trade setup.

I am walking after trading hours for around an hour to burn roughly 500 kcal.

And searching for methods to burn more calories in less time.
So this walking on trademill thing need to be explored :blush:

1 Like

Typical trader’s thinking :grin:

I buy Treadmill in my home, i kept in front of the screen, , when suddenly market crash i also fell down from treadmill - now i am walking in outside.

1 Like

It exists, just try skipping rope for 20 mins

1 Like

although it sounds fair to excercise while trading. i dont think it will serve the purpose.

the waiting period is something we should enjoy constructively. if we find a workaround we may not value the position once we get in

We need to train our brain to work on it.

My current challenge is to convince family so that I can buy one to try some :wink:

1 Like