What is Sentinel?

Hi Sentinel Team,

Can you help me to understand below definatiom

1. TotalBuyQuantity : Total number of buy orders for the day

2. TotalSellQuantity : Total number of sell orders for the day

In both case (If i consider BankNIFTY lot size 40) , what is the meaning of total number of buy orders OR total number of sell orders ?

if buyer 1 bought 100 lot BNF and buyer 2 bought 200 lot BNF ( so total lot bought by 2 buyers is 300 = 40300) , then what would be “TotalBuyQuantity” here ? Total buy order is 2 or 300 or 12000 ( 40300)? plz guide.

Is buy/Sell option available now with alert notification?

What are the data points in pro version?

I am a Intraday Trader

Sentinel Works just fine for popup alert as well as email

but I want Audio Alert along with popup either beep beep or bail or some custom sound.

Can it be set that way?

If this is possible then I can easily do my other job and watch TV have food and so on. and don’t have to keep staring my desktop.

Thanks!

1 Like

We’ll look into the possibilities down the line.

Dear sir/madam If I purchase sentinel pro(alert system) the information of alert
which i get through on mobile no (sms) or email plz reply

You will alerts on your email and on Kite web. We are working on mobile alerts.

1 Like

and any other alert which i can get instantly by being offline

Just like other traders, I am not satisfied with the alert notifications. Since I don’t like to sit in front of the computer all day, audio alerts would be a better alternative. I would also like the option to opt out of email alerts. I prefer the notification on kite web.

I would suggest you to make a mobile app. Kind of like an alarm clock app that beeps, rings, vibrates and notifies. It would make Sentinel a better trade alert system for day traders. Sentinel Pro subscribers would really benefit.

1 Like

Hi,

I just started using sentinel. I want to create an alert based 5 candles for 15 minutes each but I was not able to locate a tutorial for the same. Kindly help.

Thanks,
Suyash

Hi @Bhuvan

Can we create Advance Triggers in the free plan?

Something like LTP(x)/LTP(y) > 1?

What are features of free n pro senti am using it nowa days its more comfortable than watching nifty all the time

Hey @suyashb

You can’t set candle based alerts on Sentinel. Check out Streak instead.

Hey @raghavm

Advanced triggers like the one you mentioned can be only set in the Pro plan. You can use the Sentinel Trigger Language to set complex triggers based on over 12+ paraments.

Hey @Tushar_Tajane

Check out https://sentinel.zerodha.com/pricing

Sir, is there any ALERT option, to know the price of a stock reach a level?

Have you checked out Sentinel?

How i get real time alert??

Iam really disappointed with sentinel though the intentions are great.
There is no point in sentinel if you have to stick to your terminal allday to see if your alert is triggered,
besides emotions play a bigger role in everybody’s trading and hence unless otherwise a mobile alert is enabled.You can even charge a fee for this service.
Atleast for the timebeing till that is introduced you can have a "Telegram"page and set it to send a message to only that particular person that one of his alert got triggered so that we can log in to kite and execute as per our plans.
Please keep the comments in descending order and not the other way as it will avoid unnecessarily repeating the same question.