Zerodha PI - Please dont phase out

If Zerodha won’t provide a desktop trading platform then I think its an opportunity for some other market players to grab the market share from Zerodha (provided there is enough demand for the same). If some broker house wants to gain market share then all they have to do is to just focus on things Zerodha doesn’t provide.

1 Like

Well, these days there’s lot of things Zerodha is deficient in. It seems PR Sundar has added 5000+ clients in a month for 5paisa by focusing on “range restrictions” of Zerodha. So its probably an opportunity for affiliates too.

But, it still is difficult to move away from Zerodha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats because no broker house is trying genuinely to cater to the traders. Its not impossible to beat Zerodha. You need R&D and creativity to displace the brokerage industry again like Zerodha did.

3 Likes

Well, 5paisa is getting creative atleast in Marketing. 5paisa have tied up with dozens of youtubers recently, some they even sponsor, and are actively looking to target Zerodha customers using the latter’s obvious deficiencies.

I have a feeling, one way or the other, Zerodha’s Range Restrictions will get resolved within 2 years, with the help of competitors!.

1 Like

Hey Vij, do you know any brokerage house other than Zerodha, who is providing :
1.) Margin against Mutual Funds ?
2.) Basket Order feature ?

1 Like
  1. 5paisa
  2. 5paisa ceo has mentioned on their forum that it will be implemented soon. This was ‘2 months back’, but not yet implemented.

I am not a 5paisa customer. Looked at their FAQ and forum recently.

These days I am considering buying the extra Longs in KotakSecurities, to account for that 1 possible monstrous move.

Since this has gone OT, won’t be surprised if this post is removed.

1 Like

I have opened an account in Fyers. I have done it as a backup in case Zerodha does not fixes the OI issue soon.

Fyers is trying hard to catch up. They are hitting the right spots.
Pros:

1. Trading view charts,
  2. seamless mobile app ( some features in app are better),
  3. web p/f has pre-defined watchlist e.g. Nifty, Banknifty. Zerodha should pick this up.
  4. Amazing desktop trading p/f (dartstock - fyers has branded it as FyersOne after their customization)
  5. 30 days challenge brokerage refund. Zerodha has stopped the brokerage refund.
  6. No pledge charges. At some point, Fyers might start charging once they have sizable customer base.
  7. No API charges, in case you plan to do Algo trading.

Cons:

1. I still like the Zerodha web platform in-spite of some of the missing features.
  2. Zerodha Sentinel is free of cost. Fyers has limited alerts capabilities.
  3. TradingQnA support members are very active in Zerodha. Not sure how it is in Fyers.
  4. Zerodha has other collaborations: Streak, Sensibull which are not there in Fyers. I am not using either of that, but still good to have those systems in place in case I change my mind.
1 Like

I think it is the best point of having a brokerage account with Zerodha. We can even chat directly to the CEO, which is great.

2 Likes

You should build an inhouse desktop trading platform. Web based stands no where close to desktop platform.

1 Like

Like we do in pi, link with excel for market watch up to 50 stock. Zerodha may provide same facility through kite. Is it already available?

No, to the best of my knowledge.

dartstock also stopped

Yes, I stopped trading becaUse of ni PI. I used to run a screener to select stock and trade.
Very bad step they took.

Fyers One (fyers dartstock branding) is still active.

How about making your own in house Desktop Platform with all the usefull features like “Link to Excel” etc? Zerodha already has a extraordinary developer team.

Zerodha can take inspiration from Trading View. Even after being the largest web trading platform worldwide, they recently started offering a desktop version.

@siva @nithin

You keep giving false promises. TV has cleared from their side (On twitter) that Brokers need to incorporate. You guys are lazy or do not want to do it.

Absolutely. This is what they have done and Mr. Nitin had said years ago that they are working with an international agency on creating a new desktop platform but havent heard anything from him. It was just a jumla.

Check Nithin’s comments in April 2019.

Hey, @Umar yes many active traders like the desktop platforms (even with us) , mainly because they feel since it is software installed it is faster and more stable than a browser. This in today’s world is not really true , but very tough to change the perception of this community.

So yeah, we are working with an international firm of repute to build out the next generation desktop trading platform. A much more advanced version than Pi. This will take some time though.

1 Like

Any Indian brokers you can see on it?

This is just a misconception because few years back there are no proper web technologies unlike now. Currently web is also as fast as desktop and stable.